Accounting Manager for Busy Law Firm in Downtown LA
Los Angeles, CA | Direct Hire
We are interviewing experienced, high energy Accounting Managers for our busy client, a downtown Los Angeles law firm specializing in Personal Injury law. This position reports to the COO and supervises the accounting staff and operations.
- Train and supervise accounting team
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank, credit card and trust accounts
- Review settlements
- Accounts Payable, Payroll and general ledger maintenance
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Research, select and implement accounting systems
- Coordinate with 3rd party / system vendors
- Approve firm purchase and expense invoices
- Ensure accounting policies are followed
- Assist management personnel in development and improvement of accounting procedures
- Liaise with firm’s CPA to provide documents and reports
- BA in Accounting (MUST)
- 10+ years’ experience in complex accounting (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in senior-level accounting management (MUST)
- Experience in Personal Injury plaintiff law and medical liens (PLUS)
- Advanced computer and software skills, including QuickBooks Pro, Timeslips, Excel and Word (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: proven leadership skills, ability to positively motivate team, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.