Administrative Assistant at College Preparatory School
Sherman Oaks, CA | Contract to Hire
Are you a dependable, personable and service-oriented professional who is eager to build your experience and launch a rewarding administrative career?
Career Strategies is a national staffing firm that offers excellent long-term, short-term, part-time and full-time opportunities to work with outstanding companies located in the San Fernando Valley.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant for our client, a prestigious San Fernando Valley school. Successful candidates are comfortable with Microsoft office software, learn quickly and are able to work independently.
About the Role (tasks may include):
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and school visits
- Coordinate and perform daily administrative tasks
- Create school newsletters, memos and agendas
- Update notification systems
- Assist visitors in the reception area in a warm and friendly manner
- Connect visitors and parents to correct school personnel
- Perform clerical work including filing, typing and operating office machines
- Distribute incoming mail
- Compose and respond to correspondence
- Answer phones and transfer calls
- Coordinate special projects with Office Manager
- Plan and prepare for school events, programs and field trips
- Data entry
- Coordinate meetings
- Special projects, as assigned
- Organize office
- Maintain student files
About the Candidate:
- Please apply with your resume
- 2+ years’ experience in general administrative duties or reception coverage (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality and skills: professional demeanor, organizational skills, grammar, spelling, typing, motivated and enthusiastic, detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, time management, dependable, smart, customer service oriented, ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.