Administrative Assistant with Legal Admin Experience
Santa Monica, CA | Contract to Hire
Our client, a fast paced and exciting international media company who continues to expand their industry reach into sports, music, food and beverage, seeks a highly efficient legal administrative assistant for their legal department. To be considered, candidates must possess a BA and have experience in administrative support in a legal environment.
This is a long-term contract position but is a great way to get in the door of this thriving Santa Monica company for permanent employment.
About the Job:
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conferences, activities and other
- Manage department calendar, ie out-of-office
- Create and edit existing PowerPoint presentations
- Maintain digital database
- Provide contract/legal information, as requested, from digital database
- Maintain paper files and binders
- Provide cross-departmental support
- Oversee completion of contract review and execution
- Draft and edit professional correspondence, ie letters, emails, memos and other
- Sort and distribute mail
- Format and convert documents
About the Candidates:
- BA Degree (MUST)
- 1-2 years’ experience as an administrative assistant (must) preferably in a law firm or department (MUST)
- 1-2 years’ of legal experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat (MUST)
- Database management experience (PLUS)
- Advanced characteristics/skills: organization, problem solving, multitasking in fast paced environment, attention to detail, analytical, effective without supervision, strong verbal and written communication skills, confidentiality
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.