Los Angeles, CA | Direct Hire
About the Job
The position interfaces with Plan participants, participants’ business managers and/or employees, all departments within the organization, outside consultants, legal counsel and vendors.
- Perform data modeling for various pension and health plan benefits, including contributions.
- Identify cost-effective benefit initiatives and programs based on current environment and best practices.
- Prepare materials and reports to be presented to the Benefits Committee.
- Review and ensure department accuracy of data transmitted to consultants and vendors.
- Determine whether contract performance guarantees have been met.
- Participate in planning and completion of overall department projects.
- Assist with management of program implementations.
- Ability to accept direction and developmental guidance from departmental Manager.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to advise management of findings, trends, and other cost-saving benefits initiatives
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment to plan, prioritize and accomplish work
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in progressive levels of pension and health benefits analysis.
- Specific knowledge of IRS/HHS/DOL regulations and ERISA preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field with Certified Employee Benefits Specialist degree or comparative course work related to multi- employer trust funds administration preferred.
- Possess manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Position requires bending, reaching, walking, and lifting of up to 10 lbs.