Bilingual Korean Multi-State Payroll Specialist in Entertainment Production
San Jose, CA | Contract to Hire
TV Production Network in San Jose is seeking an accomplished Multi-state Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for activities related to the processing of payroll and the distribution of payroll checks, payroll taxes and employee benefit payments.
This is a 1 year contract paying $27-28/hour.
The ideal candidate MUST be experienced and be bilingual with Korean.
About the Job:
- Prepare weekly payroll including hourly, vacation, sick leave, overtime, commission, bonus and withholding status updates
- Manage government reports for payroll taxes, filing deadlines, garnishments, withholding and employer contributions for a Multi- State company
- Prepare excel spreadsheet for payroll
- Maintain confidential employee files
- Review and update all payroll information and supporting documents
- Process manual checks
- Import and report payroll data
- Prepare Year End payroll tax processing and W-2s
- Manage employee financial records (W4, garnishments, direct deposits, etc.)
About the Candidates:
- Bilingual - Korean (MUST)
- BA degree + in Business, Human Resources or Accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in Payroll including ADP (MUST)
- 1+ year experience with multi-state payroll (MUST)
- Working knowledge of applicable federal and provincial employment legislation
- Advanced computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality and skills: accurate accounting abilities, able to work under pressure, able to meet deadlines, strong verbal and written communication, self-directed, able to prioritize multiple projects, detail oriented, excellent organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.