Call Center - health plans
Studio City, CA | Temporary
Career Strategies seeks an outgoing and energetic customer service representative experienced in dealing with health plans and explaining complex policies and benefits in understandable terms. This is a high volume inbound and outbound call center responsible for responding to participants and provider questions regarding a variety of subjects including benefits eligibility, claims, pension, and premiums payments.
About the Job
- Answer phone calls regarding benefits eligibility, claims, pension, and payments
- Review and process participant records, including legal documentation, account numbers, addresses, beneficiary designation, plan selections, coordination of Benefits records, Life Insurance, COBRA, etc.
- Explain eligibility, pension and health benefits to plan participants
- Assist plan participants in completion of documents
- Other duties, projects, etc., as assigned
Categories: Healthcare, Medical, #Claims, Legal, Billing, Pension, #Benefits, Human Resources, Lawsuit, Adjudication, #hr
- 2+ years of customer service phone experience in a high call volume environment.
- Health insurance experience is a plus.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills; ability to explain and confirm understanding of complex issues.
- Pleasant and professional telephone etiquette.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Able to handle fast-paced work and meet deadlines.
- Able to handle a high volume of calls and meet the standards.
- Motivated self starter, well organized in managing time and materials.
- Strong attention to detail, a high level of accuracy required.
- Able to learn quickly and follow through to completion.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with co-workers and callers.
- Team player with a positive, cooperative and helpful attitude.
- Ability to adhere to organizational values.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Accurate typing skills of 45+ wpm.
- 10-key skills by touch, preferred.
- Proficient PC skills, including Windows; MS Word and MS Excel.
- Able to lift and move up to 20 lbs.
- Available for overtime, including weekends, as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.