Certified Outpatient Coder
Los Angeles, CA | Contract to Hire
We are currently interviewing experienced outpatient coders for multiple positions with our client, a major local hospital. This role begins as Full Time Temp but will convert into FT permanent for the right employee.
Healthcare Medical Coders are responsible for analyzing medical documentation and assigning correct diagnosis and procedure codes to patient records.
About the Role
- Review medical / patient charts
- Assign ICD-10-CM and/or CPT codes
- Stay current with compliance regulations and rules
- Complete assignments accurately and timely
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Revenue Cycle
Keywords: #Healthcare, Donors, Tissue, Organ, #Records, Administrative, Documentation, Document Specialist, Medical, Coordinator, #Coding, Procedures
About Your Experience:
- 5+ years' healthcare billing / coding
- CPC, RHIT, CCS - coding certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, and ICD-9, CPT
- Revenue cycle, compliance
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.