Long Beach, CA | Contract to Hire
We currently seek an experienced Data Engineer for an open position on our client’s Data Team. Our client is a large natural gas, oil and gas producer headquartered in Los Angeles and committed to providing energy locally, safely and responsibly.
Our client’s Long Beach fields use the INGRES (v. 9.2) database for production accounting and as the database for engineering analysis.
Job Duties Include (among others)
- Actively find and present work-flow bugs and opportunities for improvement.
- Write clean, well structured, and easy to understand code.
- Commit code after team agreement.
- Take ownership of the product to ensure correct numbers are populated.
- Follow work-flow in a systematic, and organized manner.
- Update team documents to ensure work-flow is documented.
Category: IT, Technology, Engineer, Computer, Engineering
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of programming background
- Programming Languages: SQL, QUEL, FORTRAN, VBA.
- Productivity Applications: Access and Excel. Spotfire knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Database: INGRES, SQLServer, Oracle, and making ODBC connections
- General awareness with OpenVMS Operating System
- Experience in batch processing and Command Line Interface
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- Be aware of the nature of the data populated in tables and how to write queries to occasionally do ad-hoc data extraction
- Experience with Command Line Interface / Dynamic Line Interface
- Able to reverse engineer relationship between interlinked scripts and tables that are updated in daily, weekly, and monthly batch jobs.
- Team work and open communication.
- Enjoys problem solving
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.