Director of Studio Operations
Los Angeles, CA | Direct Hire
We are interviewing experienced professionals with operations management experience for our client in West LA. Our client develops and manages high end office and entertainment properties along the west coast of California and up through the Pacific Northwest. Focused on long term investments, they take great care with design-forward workspaces and tenant retention through organic growth.
Our client is in need of a Director of Operations for one of their assets, a studio, to lead all facets of the lot. This includes a number of broad areas such as overall administration, stage management, construction, maintenance, IT and security while retaining a high level of customer service to clients.
About the Position:
- Direct day-to-day facilities operations and activities
- Lead operational teams to set deadlines,
- Oversee development of tracking systems
- Implement timelines
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Build a positive team dynamic among staff
- Ensure strong communication and support among team
- Manage studio staff
- Develop and train staff, environment, morale
- Resolve conflicts
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues
- Develop productive and sustainable workflows and protocols
- Manage the day to day financial operations of the studio
- Accounts payable, petty cash, purchase orders
- Review and accept client contracts
- Direct annual budget
- Prepare monthly reports
- Inspect property regularly
- Prepare punch lists and assists
- Draft service, master and construction agreements
- Negotiate and sign contracts in a timely manner
About The Candidates:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 10+ years’ experience in studio operations (MUST)
- Experience coaching and training staff (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office with Excel (MUST)
- Personality: motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.