Estimator - Construction
Los Alamitos, CA | Direct Hire
We are currently interviewing professionals for an open Estimator position with our client, a general contracting company specializing in medical, commercial and industrial construction.
This role assists with budget development and proposals for commercial construction projects.
About this Position:
- Review plans for potential construction projects
- Gather data related to proposed site
- Determine and create scope for each trade required
- Liaise with and request bids from potential vendors
- Prepare Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Prepare estimates for proposed materials
- Evaluate and compare bids and proposals
- Prepare project budgets
- Prepare proposals with inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and alternates
- Prepare turnover packages for Project Management teams
- BA degree (Construction Management, Building Construction, Architecture or Civil Engineering is a PLUS)
- 5+ years related experience
- Ability to thrive independently and with teams
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), MS Project and On Screen Takeoff
- LEED certification (PLUS)
- BIM experience (PLUS)
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.