General Manager for Commercial and Residential Property Management Firm
Los Angeles, CA | Direct Hire
We are seeking an Operations Manager for our client, a busy commercial and residential property management firm, at their Los Angeles office.
Our client owns, develops, renovates and manages high quality office buildings around the world and apartment communities in major cities throughout the US.
This GM manages two office buildings and a retail plaza and acts as the primary contact for tenants, third party vendors, contractors and retailers. They will liaise between the corporate office and all other parties. All property issues, including occupancy, usage, maintenance, security, and remodeling are managed by the GM. Scope of responsibilities include: tenant relations, management, budgets, building maintenance, project management, reports and analysis, lease administration, building security.
About the Position:
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relationships through frequent face-to-face contact
- Address tenant concerns
- Tenant retention and satisfaction
- Develop and implement a tenant-retention program
- Develop tenant replacement strategy
- Manage employees and 3rd party vendors
- Provide leadership, direction and advice
- Set the standard for attendance, behavior, and professionalism.
- Ensure delivery of services and property maintenance
- Conduct regular property inspections
- Develop operating and capital budgets with expense projections
- Collect and analyzes data
- Review patterns and develop forecasts for utility consumption
- Negotiate service contracts
- Request service and quality improvements of staff and vendors
- Ensure vendor contracts are met
- Oversee compliance with local, state and federal code
- Plan and manage repairs and capital projects (within budget and project plan)
- Coordinate specifications, bidding and hiring of vendors
- Work with construction and engineering teams to execute projects
- Monitor and explain variances on the monthly financial report
- Approve purchase orders and invoices
- Prepare quarterly reports including operating, stacking plan, tenant issues, physical condition, cleaning and utilities summaries
- Liaise with accounting department over accounts receivables
- Provide regular updates to Senior VP of Operations
- Build relationships with existing and new tenants
- Ensure vacant spaces are rent ready (“best of class”)
- Give property tours and prepare leases
- Coordinate move-ins, deliveries, and tenant requests
- Establish guidelines for tenant training on life safety and security
- Make recommendations for property enhancements
- Create security-related policies and procedures
- Identify criminal trends and terrorist risk
- Update manuals with new or revised policies
About The Candidates:
- 10+ years’ experience in commercial, retail or office property management (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in financial operations, tenant relations, administration and leasing (MUST)
- BA+ degree or equivalent experience (MUST)
- Experience in marketing, sales, event management and budgets (MUST)
- Advanced computer / software skills: including Excel, Angus, and PowerPoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: high level leadership skills and experience, excellent grammar, ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, analytical.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.