IT Help Desk - Desktop Support
Los Angeles, CA | Direct Hire
Works under Network Administrator and Network Engineer. Acts as help desk, Handles network issues across the company.
About the Job
- Workstation support, custom application support
- Answer call from end users regarding desktop, software and hardware issues
- Provide help and training to staff with equipment/software issues
- Troubleshoot problems between operating systems in Windows and Mac OS
- Troubleshoot desktop, Ipads, laptop /software/hardware problems for users
- Install, upgrade and maintain desktop, Ipads and laptop configurations
- Assist in creation and maintenance of network user accounts
- Help setup Temporary employee and new use employees, as well deployment of computers
- Help with implementation and documentation to any/all changes to systems
- Assist in maintenance of asset information
- Handle daily projects that are assigned
- Work with 3rd party vendors
- Helps Daily maintenance on network
- Support of wireless system
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion
Industry: Entertainment, Accounting, Finance, Internet, ECommerce, Engineering, Customer Service, #network
- Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge Requirements (3-4 years of each):
- Help desk
- Windows & Apple environments
- Troubleshooting hardware/software, VPN, wireless, scanners, servers, VoIP, IPads, cell phones
- Customer service
- Working with vendors, VPN, wireless
- Formatting and installing windows OS and Mac OS
- Asset management software
- Updating software and hardware
- Maintaining and updating servers
- Adding and removing network users
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
- The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
- Reporting to this position: N/A
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk to hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.