Major Resort Seeks Jr Sales Manager to Join Their Team
La Puente, CA | Direct Hire
We are currently interviewing sales professionals with management experience for an entry level Group Sales Management position with our client, a first class hotel that features a sprawling golf course and has been the recipient of multiple industry awards.
The Jr Sales Manager position is responsible for identifying and soliciting new group and group related business in new local accounts within 20 miles of client, and all other accounts as assigned within the sales department.
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years in the hospitality space and a passion for business development.
About the Position:
- Identify and build relationships with new group customers
- Meet with and solicit clients and accounts that use guest rooms with or without meetings
- Site visits
- Sales calls / cold calls / telemarketing
- Trade show attendance
- Host events
- Maintain client satisfaction
- Identify and cross-sell meeting space and other hotel resources
- Networking at local events
- Prepare and present reports at weekly revenue meetings
- Exceed sales goals
- Use Delphi and other similar hotel management software
- Meet/exceed-established sales goals
- Work closely with reservation/reception to maintain high level client satisfaction
- Weekly revenue meetings
- Special Projects
May be required to work occasional weekend and holiday hours. Hours are based on prime selling time and events booked.
About the Candidate:
- 1+ years’ experience in hotel sales management (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills in PC environment with MS Office (including Word and Excel) (MUST) and Delphi (PLUS)
- Knowledge of hotel/conference/resort protocol and procedure (MUST)
- Personality: passionate about the hospitality industry, top negotiator, sales superstar, high-energy, results driven, self-starter, high level communicator, professional appearance, excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.