Project Manager at Busy Event Planning Company
Santa Monica, CA | Contract to Hire
Our client, a stylish event planning company in Santa Monica, seeks a Project Manager Coordinator to support the sales team with Licensing and additional sales team needs.
Contemporary corporate culture and close to the beach! Temp to hire opportunities for candidates with project management or operations coordinator experience.
Fulltime position pays $42K.
Opportunities for growth and travel!
About the Job - Duties may include:
- Organize small to large events
- Act as primary link between client and team members
- Assist with interpretation of client event scope and goals
- Maintain project planning schedule and ensure deadlines are met
- Monitor project budget to ensure they are met
- Communicate with active and potential clients
- Organize and lead meetings
- Manage multiple activities including those of 3rd party vendors
- Spot and resolve potential issues
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adapt to event changes as needed
- Stay current with event trends
- Provide price quotes and event options to clients
- Explain client concepts to team mates
- Attend meetings with clients
- Provide design briefs to teammates
- Provide weekly updates to clients and internal senior leadership
- Create project timelines and work back schedules
- Determine staffing needs for events and arrange 3rd party vendor support
- Ensure client’s brand messaging is followed
- Close out project and prepare success summaries
About the Candidate:
- Please apply with your resume.
- 1+ years’ experience in customer service, administrative support or systems support (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using Salesforce (PLUS) or similar CRM (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in operations or project management (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office – Word and Excel are key (MUST)
- Desired Characteristics / Personality: Service oriented, pleasant and friendly demeanor, STRONG phone skills, polished, articulate telephone etiquette, communication skills, organizational skills, team player and willingness to collaborate on projects, warm, professional, organized, problem solver, multi-tasker, technical acumen
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.