Purchase, Import and Inventory Administrator
Sun Valley, CA | Direct Hire
Seeking experienced inventory administrators with a background in fashion or accessories for a Temp to Hire opportunity with our client’s Sun Valley office.
Our client is the Los Angeles based branch of a luxury, European eyewear manufacturer who distributes artisan crafted eyewear in over 80 countries via multiple international branch locations. This division provides brand management, creative services, sales and marketing for the group’s US-based distributors, which include: Converse, Lucky Brand, John Varvatos, Jonathan Adler, Jones New York, Police, CH Carolina Herrera, Nina Ricci, Chopard, Tumi and Dunhill.
The purchasing and import administrator oversees the inventory, tracking and transfer of goods among the distributors.
All candidates must have flexibility for work schedule.
About the Position:
- Monitor inventory
- Place inventory reorders
- Create and distribute Purchase Orders to local and overseas vendors
- Track order acknowledgements
- Update system POs with price adjustments, delivery details, quantities and factory changes
- Scan final confirmations and distribute to vendors
- Manage scheduling and tracking tools
- Track aging POs – with vendor updates and communication
- Track POs to ensure timely deliveries
- Prepare and distribute daily reports for backorders
- Coordinate weekly backorder and system cleanups
- Prepare monthly reports for purchasing, vendor lead time, and others
- Plan and oversee order status meetings monthly
- Purchase office and kitchen supplies
- Provide shipping for ready goods
- Provide backup for broker and freight forwarders on the importing of goods
- Track courier shipments
- Distribute order and returns paperwork
- Classify invoices for payment
- Resolve paperwork errors
About the Candidates:
- 2+ years’ experience tracking, shipping, warehouses, product inventories (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in the fashion industry (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in the eyewear industry (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook (MUST)
- Additional software: Microsoft Navision and/or SAP (PLUS)
- Flexibility with work schedule (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, self-directed work mentality, organized, efficient, team player
Key Words: Fashion, eyewear, eyeglasses, retail, collections, accessories, designer, shipping, receiving, products, menswear, womenswear
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.