Recruiting Assistant for National Staffing Firm
Los Angeles, CA | Contract to Hire
Career Strategies Inc provides temporary and direct hire staffing services. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting. CSI offers the chance to love your job. We are passionate about our business and believe our strength lies in our employees!
If you have the tenacity to make great things happen, we want you to join our dynamic recruiting team. Bring your high energy, service spirit and the desire to succeed!
We seek an energetic and inspired Recruiting Assistant to partner with our internal recruiters and identify great talent, check professional references, conduct phone screens and perform other recruiting related administrative duties. This position supports the General Administrative Division at our Miracle Mile office and offers a great opportunity for eager candidates to learn, grow and refine their recruiting talents.
This Monday through Friday position starts in a temporary capacity with consideration for regular, full-time status, depending on performance.
About the Position:
- Identify qualified candidates found on job sites and job applications
- Contact potential candidates by phone and email
- Present job opportunities to prospective candidates
- Cold and warm calls
- Networking events
- Perform phone screening for initial assessments of candidates
- Perform in person interviews for candidates reaching next phase of review process
- Collect and contact job references during candidate screening process
- Perform background checks using online system, as needed
- Collect job order details from active and prospective clients
- Write and post jobs on job boards following company and state guidelines
- Assist with filling temporary job assignments
- Collect and review time sheets using online time tracking system
- Maintain activity records on recruiting activities, candidates and clients with Avionte
- Develop professional relationships with colleges, placement offices, employment headhunters, outside recruiters and 3rd party vendors
- Obtain work history, education, training, skills and salary requirements
- Update candidate data in applicant tracking system
- Assist with new hire onboarding as requested
- Other projects as assigned
About The Candidate:
- Provide a resume (MUST)
- 6+ months’ experience in administrative/marketing/customer service (MUST)
- Experience in recruiting (PLUS)
- Experience with sales, cold/warm calls (PLUS)
- BA (bachelor’s) degree (PLUS)
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) experience (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) (MUST)
- Personality and skills: strong interpersonal skills, self-starter, motivated and enthusiastic, polished verbal and written communication, high energy, able to prioritize multiple projects and multitask, excellent organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.