Sales Tax Specialist Designer Goods
Sun Valley, CA | Contract to Hire
Seeking experienced tax specialists or accounting professionals with sales tax knowledge for a Temp to Hire opportunity with our client’s Sun Valley office.
Our client is the Los Angeles based branch of a luxury, European eyewear manufacturer who distributes artisan crafted eyewear in over 80 countries via multiple international branch locations. This division provides brand management, creative services, sales and marketing for the group’s US-based distributors, which include: Converse, Lucky Brand, John Varvatos, Jonathan Adler, Jones New York, Police, CH Carolina Herrera, Nina Ricci, Chopard, Tumi and Dunhill.
The Sales Tax Specialist is a new position making for a fantastic opportunity to grow in this role.
About this Position (Responsibilities May Include):
- Suggest improvements to accounting process related to sales tax
- Implement improvements to streamline process
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Accounts receivable (A/R) including aging reports, past due notice prep, journal entries and other
- Review and correct invoices
- Reconcile the subledger
- Journal entries
- Assist in month-end closing
- Reconcile balance sheets and variances
- Assess and report on income statements
- Assist in annual audit tasks and schedules
- Maintain files and documentation
- Report according to month/quarter-end reporting schedule
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
Related: Taxes, Fashion, eyewear, eyeglasses, retail, collections, accessories, designer, accounting, accountant, bookkeeping, products, menswear, womenswear, math
About the Candidate:
- BA + degree in accounting or related (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience sales tax prep and filing (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience with online research, documentation (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Suite: MS Excel** (MUST)
- MS Navision Accounting software or SAP (PLUS)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, advanced MS Excel skills, meticulous, detail oriented, analytical, positive attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.