Senior Firmware Engineer
Valencia, CA | Direct Hire
We are currently interviewing Engineers for an opening with our client, a clinical research foundation. This role is a senior position, working with and mentoring a small team, and contributing to product development and all aspects of embedded systems design.
Apply now for this fantastic opportunity working with great people (pot-lucks, celebrations, company lunches, summer activities), creative work environment and in an awesome location!
- Manage design and architecture of firmware
- Lead the engineering process, including but not limited to, project planning, requirements analysis, architecture and design, software configuration and user support.
- Mentor small team of engineers in medical device software
- Identify external dependencies and recommend solutions or improvements
- Develop testing procedures, programming, documentation and code reviews
- Design real time, embedded firmware on 32 and 16-bit platforms
Related: software, engineer, coding, languages, C & C++, fault-tolerant systems, embedded system, digital design, firmware, IT, Healthcare, research, clinical
- Graduate degree with a passion for Firmware Engineering
- Experience in the medical industry is a plus
Experience Working With:
- C and C++ (Must Have)
- Assembly and Python
- Designing fault-tolerant systems
- Embedded Microprocessor Toolchain (at least 1 of following): Code Composer Studio, GNU toolchain, IAR cross-compiler
- Real Time Operating Systems: uC/OS, uClinux, eCos, QNX, etc.
- Logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and writing automation code
- Design and schematic interpretation
- 5+ years as a technical contributor
- PPO, HMO, Kaiser, HSA medical, dental and vision
- 401k with company match
- Short / long term disability and life insurance paid by company
- Vacation and sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- 9/80 workweek that provides every other Friday off
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.