Staff Accountant at Commercial Real Estate Firm
Santa Monica, CA | Contract to Hire
Our client, a booming boutique Real Estate firm based in Santa Monica, is searching for a go-getter of a Staff Accountant.
This opportunity will begin as a 2-3 month contract, but they’re looking for the right candidate to transition into a direct hire after the temporary term!
Are you a self-starter who can jump in and get the job done with minimal supervision? Are you comfortable in Yardi Voyager and AvidXChange? Do you have experience as a Staff Accountant in a real estate business environment?
If yes, you may be the special candidate they are looking for!
- Prepare monthly statements including operating, net cash flow and quarterly
- Ensure completion of monthly and quarterly close checklists
- Reconcile balance sheets and income statement accounts
- Prepare year-end audit and tax packages including equity roll forwards
- Update journal entries (e.g. accruals, cash activity and re-classifications in Yardi)
- Assist with budget preparation, review and updates
- Maintain AvidXchange inbox
- Generate and track invoices and payments to all vendors
- File personal property, business license and state taxes
- Provide debt compliance and other financial information as required
- BA in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting (MUST)
- Experience in commercial real estate (PLUS)
- Advanced computer and software skills including Excel, Yardi and AvidXChange (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: work well with teams, self-starter, ambitious, quantitative and analytical skills, organized, excellent verbal and written communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, polished, reliable.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.