Superintendent - Construction
Los Alamitos, CA | Direct Hire
We are currently interviewing professionals for an open Superintendent position with our client, a general contracting company specializing in medical, commercial and industrial construction.
This role supervises on-site activities during construction projects.
About this Position:
- Communicate with all parties, including owner, architects, engineers, project managers, crew, government agencies, and inspectors.
- Report issues, equipment defects, unsafe practices etc
- Participate in regular meetings
- Submit accurate and timely RFI’s
- Manage day-to-day projects
- Prepare three-week look-ahead schedules
- Schedule and coordinate all subcontractors and materials
- Advise on construction practices as per current standards
- Review and discuss plans, drawings and specifications with appropriate parties
- Inspect materials and subcontractors work for quality compliance
- Coordinate inspections and testing agencies
- Complete job diary, timecards and other related documentation
- Obtain bids and quotes
- Prepare/obtain as-built drawings
- Enforce company, OSHA, and other safety standards all team members
- Schedule and lead safety meetings
- Provide accurate project and safety documentation
- 7+ years’ in construction
- Valid CA driver’s license
- LEED certification (PLUS)
- BIM experience (PLUS)
- Skills: Able to work independently, communication, leadership, multi-tasking,
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) MS Project
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.