Tax Manager Specializing in Trusts and Estates
Torrance, CA | Direct Hire
Are you a tax management professional with advanced expertise in trusts and estates? Are you looking for your next progressive step up in the field? Apply today for the Senior Tax Manager position with our South Bay client, a prestigious public accounting firm.
Our client is regularly ranked in the top 40 among Los Angeles CPA firms, offering accounting, auditing, tax, business management and consulting services. Considered a top choice for employment by employees and candidates alike, they strive to offer both career and personal growth opportunities in their dynamic work environment and offer outstanding benefits, including generous PTO, flexible schedules, on-the-job training and diverse work assignments.
About the Position:
- Work closely with partners, directors, senior managers, staff and clients
- Provide innovative consulting and tax planning
- Supervise multiple tax assignments
- Maintain open lines of communication about progress, options and deadlines to clients
- Represent clients with taxing authorities
- Resolve tax notice issues
- Business development
- Supervise assignments and team members
- Develop, train and mentor existing and new staff members
- Performance reviews
- Maintain firm processes and quality control procedures
- Attend professional development and continuing educations sessions regularly
About the Candidates:
The successful candidate MUST be a trust and estate specialist with both review and preparation experience.
- BA degree in accounting (MUST)
- MA degree or LLM in Taxation (PLUS)
- CPA certification (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience trusts and estates (MUST)
- Advanced technical skills, in tax: preparation, review, compliance, and research (MUST)
- Advanced understanding complex tax issues (MUST)
- Personality and Skills: Excellent articulation of technical tax details, verbal and communication skills, problem solver, creative and critical thinker, self-directing work mentality, extremely organized, efficient, leadership and mentoring abilities, prioritizing master, managing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.