Tax Manager at Accounting Firm
Los Angeles, CA | Direct Hire
Are you an experienced Tax Manager looking for a new, amazing opportunity at an innovative and creative environment?
We are looking for quality candidates to fill an opening with our client, a top CPA firm that assists the aerospace, engineering and healthcare as well as celebrity clients, among others.
The Tax Manager is the daily point of contact for clients and therefore play a pivotal role in client relationships and satisfaction.
- Plan, budget and manage tax and/or client engagements
- Prepare reports
- Manage time on client projects
- Manage lower level associates
- Provide verbal and written feedback
- Perform annual performance evaluations
- Resolve technical and service issues for clients
- Develop business for the firm, both in new clients and expanded services
- Monitor hourly yields and implement cost savings improvements
- Prepare billing worksheets
- Communicate with clients regularly to ensure satisfaction and retention
- Advise associates
- Assist in firm management/administration
- Staff management as directed, including hiring, terminations, promotions, assignments and performance reviews
- 6+ years’ experience in public, corporate and/or tax accounting (MUST)
- 1+ year minimum management experience (MUST)
- BA in accounting (MUST)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License (MUST)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all task levels (MUST)
- Active CA driver’s license and proof of insurance (MUST)
- MS in Tax pre (PLUS)
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.