Accounts Payable Clerk
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Career Strategies is interviewing accounting professionals for an Accounts Payable Clerk for a contract opportunity with our client.
Our client is a Hollywood area hospital known for excellent customer service and award-winning obstetrics, orthopedics and cardiology departments, among others. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
This role provides accounts payable support and transaction processing. Ideal candidates being a minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in the medical field and 3+ years’ experience in accounts payable roles.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Match purchase orders to invoices
- Invoice data entry and tracking expenses
- Process purchase orders
- Prepare weekly payroll and prepare checks
- Generate expense reports
- Communicate with internal and external customers by phone and email
- Maintain accounting ledgers
- Verify and post account transactions
- Regularly audit status of invoices and follow up
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports
- Use efficient invoice management procedures
- Assist in completing payments and controlling expenses
- Charge expenses and disburse petty cash
- Pay out vendors and employees
- Issues stop-payments and ensures credit is received
- Verify vendor accounts
- Maintain historical records and additional duties as needed
- Special tasks or projects as requested
- About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in accounts payable roles (MUST)
- 3 + years’ experience in accounting role within the medical industry (MUST)
- Intermediate mathematic skills (MUST)
- Intermediate computer / software skills with MS Word, Outlook and MS Excel (MUST)
- Personality and Strengths: multitasker, prioritize, attention to detail, organized, positive attitude, team player, great written and verbal communicator, punctual, strong math, analytical
See more tax and accounting opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.