Los Angeles (90017), CA 90602
A well-known hospital in the Los Angeles area has immediate openings for Patient Admitting Representatives, ER Admitting Representatives and Outpatient Representatives. Admitting Representatives match patients with the appropriate level of care, screen symptoms, admit patients and resolve disputes. They also assist with admissions paperwork, confirm medical coverage or benefits and answer patient questions.
Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service, excellent communication skills, and 2+ years’ experience in hospital admissions.
Career Strategies, Inc. is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we’ve helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Complete inpatient and outpatient pre-registration, registration and reports
- Calculate and secure patient liability and benefits
- Handle co-payments, coinsurance and deductibles
- Review patient referrals to identify necessary services
- Collect, analyze and summarize data and trends
- Investigate and resolve patient/family concerns
- Recommend changes to admission criteria and procedures
- Act as patient advocate and liaison
- Coordinate physical, social, emotional and related transportation services
- Communicate key requirements of patient needs and physician orders
- Compare patient's symptoms to admission criteria
- Refer patients to other programs and institutions
- Coordinate delivery of medical equipment and supplies
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About the Candidate:
- High school diploma or Equivalent (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience as admissions coordinator (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with HMO/PPO, Managed Care, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Excellent math skills
- Strong customer service and analytical skills
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (MUST)
Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.