Computational Designer - Architecture/Design/Construction
Los Angeles, CA 90017
We seek several Computational Designers - Architecture/Design/Construction to join our client’s construction firm.
This role provides technical support and training to design team members, researches new processes to determine usability and defines parameters in a collaborative environment with a team of additional computational designers.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Research techniques/developments in computational design for practical application
- Share techniques with team members, providing training as needed
- Assist with the creation of design rules and instructions
- Produce final CAD files
- Create parametric definitions using Rhino and Grasshopper
- Help teams integrate computational design processes in project
- Deliver computational methods and design solutions
- Design and generate data visualization
- Liaise with project teams
- Provide technical expertise on development projects
This list is not inclusive of all duties associated with this role.
About The Candidate:
- BA+ degree in Computer Science or comparable (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ working in similar roles (MUST)
- 3+ years’ resolving complex technical and design issues (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in architecture or construction (PLUS)
- Intermediate+ skills with Grasshopper and Rhino modeling (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: leadership, strong design and technical skills, strong work ethic, collaborative, positive outlook, reliable, excellent written and verbal communication, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, analytical, problem-solver, leader, curious
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.