Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
Career Strategies seeks a Cultivation Tech in Desert Hot Springs to assist with the trimming and nurturing of marijuana plants. Assignment can be a long-term position for the right person.
Our client’s business incorporates cultivation, production, distribution and retail operations throughout North America with a focus on safety, innovation and scalability. They’ve taken an active role in modernizing the industry as well as shaping the laws that affect it. Their quickly growing team includes leaders within their respective fields who ensure that the organization operates at the highest professional standards and regulations. The founders are highly regarded and called on frequently by major publications and news outlets to provide their views on the current and future cannabis landscape.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Assist with plant cultivation from seedling to harvest
- Use hand and gardening tools (scissors, scalpels, measuring, etc.)
- Maintain and clean the cultivation area and tools as per sanitation standards
- Prune and water plants
- Clone, plant and fertilize plants
- Harvest plants
- Transplant and label plants into new growing areas or pots
- Fill water tanks
- Wash containers, trays, lights and gardening tools
- Stake weakened plants for extra support
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties
About the Candidate:
- High school diploma (MUST)
- No plant allergies (MUST)
- Reliable transportation (MUST)
- Basic PC skills: light Excel (MUST)
- Knowledge of cannabis seed and cultivation (PLUS)
- Experience with inventory control methods (PLUS)
- Holds no objections to working with marijuana (MUST)
- Personality and skills: strong work ethic, ability to understand instructions, team player, keen eye for detail, honest, punctual, responsible, written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, possess sound judgment
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.