Encinitas, CA 92024
We seek an experienced Medical Assistant for a busy large Dermatology Group in Encinitas, CA. This is a temporary role from Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM.
The Medical Assistant offers support to doctors, management, medical and non-medical staff and is a front-facing patient position. This role coordinates multiple medical professionals, manages the appointment calendar, processes sensitive medical documentation and acts as a public face for visitors.
The ideal candidate has worked in a dermatology medical office for 4 years and has used EMMA EMR software for at least 1 year. They respect privacy and are sensitive to confidential information. They have excellent administrative skills, a warm and cheerful personality and make others feel welcome in any environment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
- Rooming patients
- Taking patient history
- Check vitals
- Assist Dermatologists with procedures
- Verifying insurances for prescriptions
- Maintain the office calendar for multiple healthcare practitioners
- Check-in patients
- Greet visitors
- Provide general service information
- Arrange consultations
- Answer questions or escalate request
- Use EMMA EMR software
- Data entry
- Process client documentation
- Administrative support
- Maintain organized paper and electronic files
- Collect co-pay fees
- Assist with basic office accounting tasks
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- High School Diploma (MUST) Medical Assistant certificate (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience working in medical offices (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience working with Dermatology (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using EMMA EMR software (MUST)
- Extensive knowledge on medical terminology (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: warm, friendly and welcoming, attention to detail, upbeat and positive, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast-paced environment, solid customer service skills
See more healthcare administrative support opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.