Medical Biller Collector
Orange, CA 92868
A well-known surgical center in the Orange County area is looking for Medical Biller Collector to join their team. This person will be responsible for communicating and processing billing to patients and insurance providers as well as following up with unpaid claims. This individual must have knowledge of billing in-patient and out-patient claims to different payers including commercial payers. Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service and 2+ years’ experience in medical billing roles, with specific knowledge in Medicare/Medical, HMO/PPO and managed care.
Career Strategies, Inc. is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
- Submit billing to insurance providers and patients
- Communicate with providers and billing staff
- Send invoices to patients and/or collect from insurance provider
- Process cash, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid and Medi-Cal payments
- EOB posting of denials, transfers, adjustments, and recoup payments
- Apply insurance and patient payments to patient accounts
- Post charges
- Follow up with patients to review payment options and for unpaid claims
- Update and enter patient demographics
- Utilize billing software
- High School Diploma OR GED (MUST)
- Minimum 2-3 years working in a medical office (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills (MUST)
- EMR experience as a biller/collector (PLUS)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
See more healthcare administration opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.