West Hollywood, CA 90069
We are currently interviewing Property Accountants for our investment industry client in West LA.
Our client was founded in 2005 and is a privately held equity investment firm. They acquire real estate requiring moderate to heavy rehab for a mid to long term investment structure. Since founding, they have consistently generated an average internal rate of return in excess of 30%.
Property Accountants provide oversight of daily/monthly accounting functions for multiple entities in a fast paced-environment for both residential properties and corporate entities.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience in property accounting with a degree in accounting, finance or another closely related field. Our client seeks motivated, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results. Successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal, office and organizational skills, a "get it done" approach and go “above and beyond” with responsibilities.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for all entities
- Prepare balance sheets
- Analyze balance sheet and P & L accounts
- Update journal entries
- Track expense reports using SAP Concur
- Reconcile loan statements monthly
- Provide monthly account analysis and reconciliations
- Establish new bank accounts for newly acquired properties
- Provide compliance reporting
- Prepare monthly closes for cash, payroll, tax, benefit allocations, credit card use and other
- Reconcile monthly credit card activity
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Assist with annual budget preparation, audits and fiscal year-end close
- Prepare annual operating expense reconciliations and estimate
- Ad hoc reports, projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in property management industry, preferably multifamily (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in real estate private equity (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using AppFolio software (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills, MS Office, Excel (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), works well with groups, ethical, professional demeanor, multitasker
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BENEFITS: Full-time Position and Includes Medical Health Benefits, Paid Time Off, 401K