Los Angeles, CA 90025
We seek a Senior Accountant with great communication skills for our client, a well-established investment management firm. The position temporary and could go permanent for the right person.
The Senior Accountant manages daily full-cycle accounts payable, assists with year-end audits and tax preparation and supports accounts receivable when needed. They also implement improved departmental procedures.
The ideal candidate brings a history of at least 5 years as a full charge accountant, a BA+ degree in Accounting. They are personally dedicated to continuous growth, bring a high energy, dynamic personality and advanced skills in Excel.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Full cycle accounts payable
- Year end audits
- Tax preparation
- Quarterly reviews
- Assist with insurance process, certificates of insurance and renewals
- Month end and year end closing
- Update journal entries
- Oversee 1099 process and filings
- Support accounts receivable process and collections
- Maintain internal controls
- Implement procedures that improve internal controls
- Mentor team
- Train new employees and introduce new procedures
- Prepares financial statements
- Prepare information for federal and state taxes
- Produce error-free reports
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business, Math or related (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience in full charge bookkeeping or accounting (MUST)
- Intermediate + computer skills and advanced Excel (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), organized, team player, works well with groups, ethical, discreet, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.