AR Accounting Assistant / Accountant
Los Angeles, CA 90025 | Direct Hire
We seek a highly organized Accounting Assistant (Accountant) with an accounting degree to join our client’s property management accounting team in West LA.
This role prepares invoices, assists with tenant billing and receivables, regularly communicates with property management clients, prepares reports on general accounting topics, updates digital records using Yardi software and manages general accounting records for their assigned properties.
Our client is a leader in the commercial real estate arena. They own, operate and rebrand properties throughout the United States, have a keen interest in the revitalization of many communities across the US and encourage their team to actively support local charitable opportunities in an effort to give back to the community. One of their favorite annual activities is a fun, outdoor family event that allows them to interact with and support low-income families with disadvantaged children.
The ideal candidate has an accounting degree, has assisted with general property management accounting in past roles using Yardi software and works well managing their own time and assignments. Our client prefers dynamic, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results.
About the Position:
- General accounting tasks for assigned properties
- Prepare billing notices and invoices
- Sending tenant statements
- Post leases and receipts
- Prepare waivers (late fees and reversal of charges)
- Prepare bill backs to tenants
- Process tenant move-outs
- Update rent rolls
- Update certificates of insurance (COI)
- Assist tenants and property management companies
- Collect delinquent monies
- Prepare sales tax forms
- Submit tax payments
- Prepare reports as assigned
- Coordinate with 3rd party / system vendors
- Liaise between all departments and clients
- Other duties as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree in Accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in general accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in real estate related accounting (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using Yardi software (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills: MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality: self-motivated, strong work ethic, multi-tasker, organized, detail orientated, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team player, ethical, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.