Los Angeles, CA 90017
We seek an Accountant for our client’s full-service commercial bank (commercial, international, trade, finance and real estate lending) with offices in California and New York.
This role assists with accounts payable, account reconciliations, analysis, and both internal and regulatory report preparation.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to continuous personal and career growth, has a dynamic personality and keeps meticulous records. They have an accounting degree and a minimum of 3 years’ banking experience working with accounts payable, reconciliations, analysis, and reporting. Candidates are not required to have a real estate background, however, it’s a strong plus.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Full cycle accounts payable
- Ensure timely payment of all reimbursements and invoices
- Prepare financial statements
- Create management reports and audit schedules
- Assist with accounts receivable and collections
- Process daily transactions using GAAP principles
- Prepare schedules and reports for audits
- Implement internal process and controls
- Reconcile accounts and financial discrepancies
- Maintain checks and balances for accuracy
- Troubleshoot accounting issues
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About The Candidate:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Math, Business Administration or a related (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in progressive general accounting and/or corporate finance (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with accounts payable, reconciliations, analysis, and reporting (MUST)
- Advanced PC skills: accounting software, MS Word, Outlook, advanced Excel (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), organized, team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Benefits (begin one month after hire date): 401k, 2 weeks’ vacation, 9 sick days, 10 paid federal holidays, annual discretionary bonus, 75% parking & transportation (up to $115 monthly) reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.