Accountant for Non-Profit
Long Beach, CA 90802
We seek a motivated accountant for our client, a well-established non-profit company in Long Beach looking to add to their team.
Staff Accountants provide daily accounting support including providing financial reports, month end closing support and payroll management. Ideal candidates bring at least 5 years of accounting experience, a BA or higher in accounting and have a keen interest in growing with a non-profit organization!
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Update monthly journal entries
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Review incoming cash receipts and AP batches
- Enter financial transactions and daily cash activities
- Record bank transactions, deposits, journal entries and payables
- Review GL coding and reconcile as needed
- Ensure accurate and timely payments
- Assist in month-end / year-end closing
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly accruels
- Prepare month & year-end reports
- Compile and analyze financial information
- Reconcile balance sheets and income statement accounts
- Liaise between departments (finance and AP)
- Review and track projects
- Prepare internal and external audit schedules
- Maintain files and documentation
- Troubleshoot accounting issues
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in accounting, finance or related (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills: MS Office Suite (MUST)
- Intermediate software or higher: Shelby and SQL (PLUS)
- Personality and skills: motivated and enthusiastic, detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, fast learner, time management, multi-task, highly organized, meticulous, clear communicator, proactive, resourceful problem solver
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.