Accounting / Commissions Manager - Real Estate Firm
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
We seek an experienced Accounting / Commissions Manager for our client’s large real estate firm.
Our client is one of the largest real estate brokerages in the United States with over 100 offices nationwide and services offered coast to coast, including sales, property management, construction, mortgage and title insurance. Their website, digital magazine and virtual tools are considered ground breaking, receiving multiple industry and tech awards for their innovative approach to empowering clients with easy to access market information as well as interactive platforms where consumers engage with industry professionals to get fast answers to their specific concerns. They foster employee personal and career growth by providing exceptional resources, cutting edge technology, state of the art offices, comprehensive educational programs and individualized support systems. With an international footprint (a national presence and partners headquartered oversees), they support many philanthropic organizations from small, local matters to widespread issues and encourage team members to take part in company efforts as well as individual charitable pursuits.
The Commissions Manager works with a team to provide accounting services related to sales commissions. They manage and execute commissions, including calculation, reconciliation, tracking, and reporting.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years’ experience providing accounting services related to real estate commissions or variable compensation plans. They keep meticulous records, understand proper treatment of confidential records and have great customer service skills. They are also highly tech savvy and comfortable working within Excel and MS Dynamics.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Calculate and pay commissions based on agent agreements, compensation plans and provisions
- Bill agents incorporating policies and advertising dollars spent
- Accurately record agent receivables
- Generate various reports as requested
- Maintain accurate records
- Enter transaction and accounting data into the system
- Adjust rental and sale contracts that have been closed
- Communicate complex calculations and analysis
- Troubleshoot report and compensation discrepancies
- Analyze problems and execute solutions
- Provide guidance and answers about commission related concerns
- Translate complicated topics into clear, concise summaries in writing and verbally
- Keep organized files and records
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA+ degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience accounting, finance or related (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience managing payouts for complex and variable compensation plans (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience in real estate or sales (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and MS Dynamics (MUST)
- Personality: patient, friendly, grace under pressure, highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, effective communication skills (both written and verbal), organized, team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.