Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Our client is an established business management firm located in Woodland Hills. They are seeking to hire an Accounting Assistant to join their friendly and professional team.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for supporting the account managers by handling accounting activities to include accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger, account reconciliations and additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to support their business management group with accounting activities including payables, receivables, payroll, general ledger, and reconciliations. They are seeking to hire someone immediately. They offer competitive pay and full benefits plus opportunity for growth!
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
- Verify and enter details of transactions as they occur in accounting software
- Maintain the bills and receipts as a ready reference for any transaction recorded
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested
- Assist in preparing and recording payroll
- Prepare annual information returns such as 1099’s, business license, etc.
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly
- Research account payable and accounts receivable issues as needed
- Prepare quarterly earnings reports
- Prepare medical/dental insurance submissions and reconcile with explanation of benefits
- Communicate with Account Managers and Department Manager daily workload and schedule
- Other duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- High school diploma with emphasis on business math, bookkeeping and accounting (MUST)
- Proficiency w/ Microsoft Office365 (MUST)
- Desired personality traits and skills: Ability to operate calculator, computer and other general office equipment, ability to professionally communicate verbally and in writing, comfortable with accounting software or comfortable learning accounting software, excellent attention to detail and works with confidential firm and personnel matters, requires ability to keep matters confidential.
Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, excellent culture!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.