Accounting Assistant for Advertising Firm
Woodland Hills, CA 91364 | Direct Hire
We seek a sharp Accounting Assistant for our client’s busy and cutting edge advertising firm based in the Valley.
Our client is a well-established advertising firm that specializes in audio branding and marketing. They have their “finger on the pulse” of new media and aggressively implement new technology and strategies based on frequent changes in this digital space. Recently, they launched an exciting discovery platform with corresponding mobile apps that aid enriching one’s podcast experience. Our client is well-known throughout the podcast and production industries as proactive advocates of endorsement marketing. Employees love the terrific company culture, generous benefits package and bonds formed with long time colleagues thanks to the high employee retention.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree and extensive experience working with Excel. They bring 3+ years’ experience in progressively challenging accounting responsibilities, are computer savvy, excel at managing time and constantly seek ways to improve their efficiency and success. Dynamic, self-starters are encouraged to apply!
About the Position:
- General accounting tasks
- Prepare billing notices and invoices
- Audit and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Respond to client questions and requests in a timely manner
- Provide superior customer service to clients who have questions or concerns
- Paper and digital filing
- Data entry
- Review monthly accounts and update records
- Audit bank deposits, reconcile and update records
- Accounts receivable (A/R)
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Update accounting ledgers
- Verify and post account transactions
- Audit payment history on vendor records Prepare reports as assigned
- Provide analytical support
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual closes
- Prepare 1099s annually
- Other duties as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in general accounting roles (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with accounting systems, debits and credits (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with credit card coding in General Ledger accounts (PLUS)
- Intermediate + computer / software skills, specifically MS Excel (MUST)
- Personality and Strengths: team player, punctual, self-motivated, critical thinker, problem-solver, able to learn new tasks and software efficiently and quickly, great communicator, organized, detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.