Calabasas, CA 91302
Immediate temporary to hire position for a qualified Accounting Clerk with general accounting skills with an emphasis in Accounts Payable. This position is open due to growth. Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30-5:30. This is on-site position.
The Accounting Clerk's primary goal is to assist with the company's finance or accounting department. They provide billing, accounts payable and bookkeeping services for the organization.
The ideal candidate must have 2+ years of Accounting experience. The right candidate will perform clerical and accounting duties that contribute to efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
- Print invoices daily and distribute
- Verify vendor invoices for shipments
- Post approved freight bills
- Data entry into excel spreadsheets
- Month end reconciliation
- Follow up with on outstanding issues
- Scan and prepare checks for signature
- Other duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- 1+ years of Accounts Payable experience (MUST)
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office (MUST)
- Desired personality and skills: Great attitude, Reliable, be a self-starter and proactive, organized, able to prioritize, attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, excellent personal and customer service skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure and work with various personality types.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.