Calabasas, CA 90290 US
We seek an experienced and driven Accounting Clerk for a manufacturing company in the Calabasas area. This individual will work directly with the Controller and Accounting Manager in performing daily transactions in a timely manner, record keeping and database management. This role assists with day-to-day invoicing support activities for the department. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 year of experience with invoicing and is comfortable picking up new software.
About the Role:
- Post freight invoices
- Research any issues with purchase order invoices
- Scan checks and prepare for signature
- Scan monthly reconciliation forms for team
- Weekly and monthly reconciliation as assigned by supervisor
- Ensure accuracy of the charges
- Establish strong communication with vendors
- Resolve any discrepancies
- Match invoice with packing list before processing in system
- Check the packing list number and back up to make sure information is accurate
- Maintain vendor communication
- Prepare and process chargebacks for suppliers
- This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- 1+ years of experience with invoicing (MUST)
- Strong Excel skills (MUST)
- Accurate data entry experience (MUST)
- QuickBooks experience (PLUS)
- MS Office Experience (MUST)
- Excellent attention to detail (MUST)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment (MUST)
- High School Diploma (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: friendly, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.