Accounting Manager - Commercial Real Estate Investment Firm
Los Angeles, CA 90014
We seek an experienced Accounting Manager for our client’s real estate investment firm.
Our client is a family-owned, full-service real estate investment firm established in the early 1960’s. They manage, lease and maintain the properties they own in-house and specialize in the LA fashion district. They currently own and operate industrial, retail and office properties in LA and the San Fernando Valley, serving over 800 tenants.
The Accounting Manager oversees the accounting team, analyzes and makes improvements to the internal accounting processes, oversees budgets and works closely with the CFO to ensure continued financial health.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a CPA and 8+ years’ experience managing accounting teams. They bring a Masters in accounting and experience in the commercial real estate industry. They are tech savvy and have worked with both ADP payroll and Yardi Voyager in past positions.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Manage daily accounting operations
- Review and update accounting processes as needed
- Oversee data exchange from Excel to Yardi Voyager 7S
- Create new internal accounting policies
- Ensure adherence to accounting processes
- Monitor emerging technology for potential improvements via automation
- Provide monthly and quarterly accounting reports
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and year-end close and schedules
- Assist with succession planning
- Maintain accurate records
- Troubleshoot report and compensation discrepancies
- Analyze problems and execute solutions
- Budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis
- Provide training and guidance to accounting team
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related (MUST)
- MA+ degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related (PLUS)
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting (MUST)
- 8+ years’ experience as an accounting manager (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience as a certified public accountant (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using Yardi Voyager 7S (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience processing payroll with ADP (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience commercial real estate industry (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office Suite including Excel (MUST)
- Skills and Personality: professional, leader, effective communication skills (both written and verbal), highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, organized, works well with groups, ethical, ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines in fast-paced environments
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.