Accounting Manager at Nutritional Food Manufacturer
Los Angeles, CA 90014 | Contract to Hire
We seek a sharp Accounting Manager to for an exciting Temp to Hire opportunity with our client’s phenomenal team.
Our client is a national brand that manufactures and distributes all-natural, non-GMO snacks. Founded by medical professionals who believe that healthy eating can be delicious, easy and fun, our client strives to improve the quality of life for adults and children around the world by making nutritional food easily accessible. This philosophy sets the tone for their company culture as well as their community involvement… with an eye to ending childhood obesity, its related health issues and changing the nutritional landscape throughout the world, they are actively involved in providing education and resources to organizations that support these causes.
The Accounting Manager oversees daily Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable tasks, provides production and cost accounting, provides financial reporting and establishes internal controls for the company’s accounting processes.
The ideal candidate is a CPA bringing 5+ years’ experience in Senior Accounting positions that manage other staff, comes from the Food Manufacturing or Health Product industry and has 2+ years’ experience using Netsuite. Their positive outlook is obvious from the first conversation and they have an excess of energy, ready to take on any new challenge!
About the Position:
- General accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P)
- Create and review financial statements
- Reconcile invoices and receivables
- Generate and discuss billing reports
- Audit and reinforce internal controls
- Implement and manage EDI
- Implement and manage Netsuite ERP
- Manage monthly and annual budgets
- Oversee month-end close procedures
- Provide cost accounting
- Analyze and recommend improvements to accounting process
- Update status of assets and expenditures (FP&A)
- Provide financial reports
- Prepare balance sheets, Profit/Loss statements and other using Netsuite
- Assist with year-end audit preparation
- Update journal entries and general ledger
- Reconcile accounting issues
- Review and maintain accounting records
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related (MUST)
- CPA (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in a senior accounting position (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using Netsuite ERP (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience managing EDI - Electronic Data Interchange (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience working in nutritional products or food manufacturing industry (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office, including Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: analytical, strong math skills, organizational skills, proofreading and editing skills, accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation, motivated and self-starter, attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication, time management, dependable, customer service oriented, ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.