Accounting Manager for Commercial RE Team
Los Angeles, CA 90025 | Direct Hire
We seek an Accounting Manager with experience training teams and improving internal systems for a great opportunity with our commercial real estate client in West LA.
This role oversees a team that provides general accounting support, prepares weekly payroll, audits and improves internal processes and provides guidance to junior accounting professionals. They also assist with compliance, external audit activities and provide supervisory oversight to the firm.
Our client is a leader in the commercial real estate arena. They own, operate and rebrand properties throughout the United States, have a keen interest in the revitalization of many communities across the US and encourage their team to actively support local charitable opportunities in an effort to give back to the community. One of their favorite annual activities is a fun, outdoor family event that allows them to interact with and support low-income families with disadvantaged children.
The ideal candidate has an Accounting degree and either and MBA or CPA license, has several years’ experience providing payroll services using Paychex, has used Yardi and worked in commercial real estate for at least 2 years and excels at building supportive and efficient team environments. Our client seeks dynamic, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results.
- Review financial statements and supporting documents
- Review vendor invoices
- Generate and discuss billing reports
- Audit and reinforce internal controls
- Design, develop, and implement internal process, policy and control improvements
- Coordinate internal audits
- Process payroll
- Assist HR team as appropriate and requested
- Plan and provide accounting process training
- Provide assistance and documents to 3rd party tax preparers
- Manage delinquencies
- Assist with activities supporting acquisition, disposition and lending
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual closes
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual corporate financial statements
- Provide analytical support
- Prepare lender reports
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree in Accounting (MUST)
- MBA degree (PLUS)
- CPA license (PLUS)
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory position (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in real estate related accounting (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in preparing payroll (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using Yardi software (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using Paychex software (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills, specifically MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, strong work ethic, multi-tasker, organized, detail orientated, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team player, ethical, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.