Accounting Operations Assistant
Santa Monica, CA 90404 | Direct Hire
We seek a sharp Accounting Operations Assistant for our client’s Westside hedge fund firm, operating with over $10B in assets.
Accounting Operations Assistants perform general accounting tasks to support the team while working under the Operations division to regularly assess and ensure efficient systems and accounting practices.
Our client is a multi-billion dollar investment manager whose clients include some of the largest public and corporate pension funds and endowments throughout the US and Europe. Currently, they sit among the 75 largest hedge funds in the world and are known by employees for their collaborative environment and terrific work culture.
The ideal candidate has an accounting or finance degree, has managed wire transfer and fund releases at large financial institutions and is highly “system-oriented”. They appreciate following a routine, excel at managing time and assignments and constantly seek ways to improve their team’s success and efficiency. Our client prefers dynamic, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results.
About the Position:
- General accounting tasks
- Support operations team
- Prepare billing notices and invoices
- Manage wire transfers into client accounts
- Manage release of funds after appropriate protocols are met
- Prepare reports as assigned
- Coordinate with 3rd party / system vendors
- Liaise between all departments and clients
- Confirm receipt of funds prior to payroll and/or wire release
- Respond to client questions and requests in a timely manner
- Use sound judgement to appropriately escalate concerns or questions to management
- Provide superior customer service to clients
- Protect client confidentiality
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual closes
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual corporate financial statements
- Provide analytical support
- Coordinate internal audits
- Audit and reinforce internal controls
- Other duties as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (Bachelor’s degree) in accounting, finance or economics (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in financial investment organizations (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience assessing systems and implementing change (MUST)
- Intermediate + computer / software skills including MS Office and web portals (MUST)
- Personality and Strengths: systems-oriented, positive attitude, team player, punctual, self-motivated, critical thinker, problem-solver, able to learn new tasks and software efficiently and quickly, great communicator, organized, detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.