Northridge, CA 91324
We have an immediate need for an Accounting Supervisor for a cannabis startup company. The ideal candidate will offer strong accounting knowledge/skills and can manage the accounting process.
The ideal candidate has knowledge will need to include debits/credits, payroll, payables, receivables, managing cash flow, and implementing SOPs. We need someone who is an out of the box thinker, not too structured nor needing structure; this is a start-up environment and the individual must be adaptable/flexible and have the ability to create the accounting procedures.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the job:
- Financial accounting, reporting, analysis, budgeting, & driving operating performance
- Maintain complete and accurate accounting of all business activity using QuickBooks.
- Ensure all external operating partners are properly folded into company processes and are in compliance with contractual terms.
- Partner with external CPA to provide tax return data and lead other finance/accounting projects as required
- Reporting, Analysis and Budget Preparation Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis including weekly/monthly financial reporting packages addressing budget variances, cash position and status of current projects.
- Ensure alignment between state required compliance reporting and general ledger systems
- Drive Performance Partner with senior management and operations team to maximize operational efficiencies by implementing/strengthening financial tools, metrics, and processes to drive business performance.
- Provide financial coaching and oversight to all operating partners
- Maximize Operational Efficiencies
- Lead QuickBooks optimization
- Interact with Senior Management on a regular basis to deliver financial updates
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business (MUST) MBA or CPA (PLUS)
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in the cannabis industry (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience in manufacturing or agriculture (PLUS)
- Proficient with QuickBooks accounting software w/ability to teach others (MUST)
- Advanced Excel skills (MUST)
- Desired personality traits and skills: Must be a resourceful problem solver, with the ability to prioritize and create approaches to meet required objectives, excellent analytical abilities, demonstrated leadership values and ability to develop and participate in diverse/cross functional teams, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to maintain a big picture perspective as well as be detail-oriented is essential, clear logical thinking, with ability to succinctly interpret data to frame business issues and/or opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.