Accounts Payable Specialist
Encino, CA 91316
We seek a sharp Accounts Payable Specialist with Property management Industry experience opportunity with our client, a Los Angeles based Cannabis firm leading the Seed to Sale industry.
Our client is a six year old mixed-use property management group servicing commercial and residential properties. They offer brokerage services across all asset types including single family homes, offices, industrial buildings and condominiums. Offering a GREAT company culture, benefits, and an opportunity to work for a successful property management team and more!
This role provides accounts payable support and transaction processing. Ideal candidates being a minimum of 2 years working in the property management industry, 3+ years’ experience in accounts payable roles and hands on experience working in Yardi and Appfolio.
About the Position:
- Complete accounts payable tasks
- Enter financial transactions and daily cash activities
- Process invoices
- Process check requests
- Assist with month-end closing
- Enter vendor invoices
- Provide various monthly reports
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Match Purchase orders to invoices
- Assist with month & year-end reports
- Make recommendations to improve efficiency
- Record bank transactions, deposits, journal entries and payables
- Journal entries including payroll, monthly revenue, month end
- Oversee 1099 preparation
- Expense reporting and analysis
- Reconcile balance sheets and income statement accounts
- Maintain checks and balances for accuracy
- Troubleshoot accounting issues
- Assist with IRS audit preparations
- Maintain files and documentation
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable / Accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in property management industry (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using Yardi, Appfolio (PLUS)
- Fluent English with Spanish or Filipino (PLUS)
- Advanced PC skills: accounting software, MS Word, Outlook, advanced Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: professional, strong work ethic, strong verbal and written communication, excellent time management, highly organized, analytical, team player, detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.