Accounts Payable Specialist
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
We seek a sharp Accounts Payable Specialist professional to join our client’s organization.
The Accounts Payable Specialist provides billing, accounts payable and bookkeeping services for the organization.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience in accounts payable positions and a customer service oriented, upbeat personality.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Bookkeeping and journaling corporate transactions
- Process full cycle accounting for multiple units
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Match purchase orders to invoices
- Invoice data entry and tracking expenses
- Process purchase orders
- Generate expense reports
- Communicate with vendors by phone and email
- Maintain accounting ledgers
- Verify and post account transactions
- Regularly audit status of invoices and follow up
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports
- Use efficient invoice management procedures
- Assist in completing payments and controlling expenses
- Process invoices and generate checks in a timely manner
- Charge expenses and disburse petty cash
- Pay out vendors and employees
- Issues stop-payments
- Ensures credit is received
- Verify vendor accounts
- Assist the team with the preparation of audits
- Special tasks or projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
- AA+ Degree (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in accounts payable role (MUST)
- 2+ years’ working with Concur Expense/SAP, Microsoft Dynamics AX & Excel (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office (MUST)
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills (MUST)
- Personality and skills: strong math skills, organized, accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation, motivated, attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, time management, dependable, smart, customer service oriented, able to multi-task
See more tax and accounting opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.