Accounts Receivable Specialist, Real Estate
Studio City, CA 91604
We seek a sharp Accounts Receivable Specialist professional to join our client’s very customer service oriented retail property management firm.
Our client is a privately-held and well-established commercial real estate firm in Studio City. They take pride in their hands on involvement with multiple charitable organizations, primarily those focused on children, education and encouraging young adults to change the world for the better. This company makes a profound difference in the community!
The Accounts Receivable Specialist provides billing, accounts receivable and collections services for the Property Managers and Tenants of a portfolio of properties.
The ideal candidate has an AA+ degree in accounting related subjects, at least 2 years in accounts receivable positions at a real estate firm and a customer service oriented, upbeat personality.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- General accounts receivable (A/R)
- Create invoices
- Answer accounting related questions
- Assist tenants with issues and disputes
- Confirm posting of wire payments
- Post and reconcile payments and chargebacks
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Post ledger updates
- File tenant statements
- Update property books
- Review Aged Receivable Report
- Prepare default notices (insta-serves, 5 and 10 day grace)
- Generate delinquency reports
- Review and maintain accounting records
- Prepare and send monthly rent statements
- Charge interest and late fees
- Update Yardi records about invoices, payments and correspondence
- Audit status of invoices (aging report) weekly and follow up
- Process move-outs and refunds
- Monitor accounts for non-payments or other irregularities
- Assist with CAM and property tax reconciliations
- Post CAM/Tax reconciliations to ledger
- Prepare delinquent accounts for collections vendor
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports
- Special tasks or projects as requested
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About The Candidate:
- AA+ Degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in accounts receivable or collections roles (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using Yardi (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience in real estate and/or property management accounting (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office (MUST)
- Personality and skills: strong math skills, organized, accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation, motivated, attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, time management, dependable, smart, customer service oriented, able to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.