Accounts Receivable Specialist at Fresh Food Company
Van Nuys, CA 91401 | Temporary
We seek a sharp Accounts Receivable professional to provide A/R support for the phenomenal team for our client, a fresh snack manufacturer and distributor.
The ideal candidate welcomes the opportunity to provide short to long term support, with a possibility to go permanent if the fit is awesome! They bring an accounting BA with at least 2 years in an accounts receivable role.
If this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, other clients need your help and would love to meet you!
About the Job - May Include the following Duties:
- General accounts receivable (A/R)
- Reconcile receivables
- Update account records with cash applications and chargebacks
- Create invoices
- Write correspondence using excellent grammar and spelling
- Provide customer service for distributors (including UNFI and DOT)
- Audit status of invoices and follow up
- Collect and allocate payments
- Research and resolve customer issues
- Process billing
- ACH posting
- Create RMA’s
- Verify and post account transactions
- Review and maintain accounting records
- Update records about invoices, payments and correspondence
- Generate reports with specific deadlines
- Enter accurate financial transactions
- Audit payment history on vendor records
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payments or other irregularities
- Communicate customers by phone and email
- Match Purchase orders to invoices
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports
- Special tasks or projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in accounts receivable (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working in consumer products (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with big box retailer (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience working with UNFI and DOT distribution companies (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office, including Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: analytical, strong math skills, organizational skills, proofreading and editing skills, accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation, motivated and self-starter, attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication, time management, dependable, customer service oriented, ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.