Accounts Receivable for Property Management Company
Studio City, CA 91604
We seek a sharp Accounts Receivable professional to join our client’s very customer service oriented property management team.
The ideal candidate has an accounting BA, at least 2 years in accounts receivable positions at a property management firm, an upbeat personality and an avid interest in philanthropy.
Our client is a national property management firm catering to both residential and commercial properties throughout the United States. They take pride in their hands on involvement with multiple charitable organizations, primarily those focused on children, education and encouraging young adults to change the world for the better. This company makes a profound difference in the community!
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- General accounts receivable (A/R)
- Collect and allocate tenant rents and other payment types
- Assist tenants with questions, issues and disputes
- Post and reconcile payments and chargebacks
- Create invoices
- Audit status of invoices (aging report) weekly and follow up
- CAM review
- Create and distribute default notices (insta-serves, 5 & 10 day grace periods)
- Generate delinquency reports
- Prepare and distribute rent statements each month
- Charge interest and late fees
- Review and maintain accounting records
- Assist with annual CAM and property tax reconciliations
- Update Yardi records about invoices, payments and correspondence
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Post updates to ledger
- Provide back-up to other departments as needed
- Professionally handle complicated collection issues
- Process move-outs and refunds
- Monitor accounts for non-payments or other irregularities
- Communicate with internal and external customers by phone and email
- Prepare account documents and reports for the legal team
- Prepare delinquent accounts for collections vendor
- Prepare tenant W9s
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports
- Special tasks or projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- AA+ Degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in accounts receivable or collections roles (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using Yardi (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience in real estate and/or property management accounting (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using computerized phone system (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office, including Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: strong math skills, organized, accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation, motivated, attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, time management, dependable, smart, customer service oriented, able to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.