Los Angeles, CA 90064
Seeking a full time Administrative Assistant for our busy Westside, financial services client NOW!
Our client is a dynamic and friendly Santa Monica based investment management firm, seeking an energetic, detail oriented and hardworking individual to support the investment team in an administrative assistant capacity.
The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, positive attitude, is able to balance a variety of tasks. The role will primarily be focused on administrative support for the investing team with some additional office manager duties as described below.
WORK HOURS: Monday through Friday-9:00am- 6:00pm.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Answer phones and direct calls using multi-line phone system
- Provide general service information
- Distribute incoming mail
- Coordinate deliveries to and from office (newspapers, mail, FedEx)
- Basic filing
- Maintain office appointment calendar
- Schedule appointments and arrange meetings
- Organize domestic and international travel and itineraries for multiple travelers
- Process expense reports
- Create and proofread correspondence routine memos, emails and meeting minutes
- Order office and other supplies monthly
- Maintain office with building management and 3rd party vendors
- Special projects and database entry
- Assist in planning luncheons, seminars and other team social events
- Exercising good judgment on all matters
- Recommend procedural improvements to improve efficiency or cost-savings
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About the Candidate:
- 1+ years’ office administration experience (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in financial / investment firm (PLUS)
- Experience using multi-line phone system (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills & comfortable using MS Office Suite including Excel (MUST)
- BA degree (PLUS)
- Desired Characteristics / Personality: Pleasant and friendly demeanor, superior organization, STRONG phone skills, polished, articulate telephone etiquette, team player, punctual, high level ethics, attention to detail, thrives in fast paced environment, acts with integrity
Benefits: Competitive base salary, 3 weeks paid vacation, medical and dental, 401-k matching, breakfast foods and snacks
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.