Santa Monica, CA
We are looking for a qualified Admissions Representative for our client, a well-established Los Angeles hospital, for a temporary assignment.
The Admissions Representative match patients with the appropriate level of care, screen symptoms, admit patients and resolve disputes. They also assist with admissions paperwork, confirm medical coverage or benefits and answer patient questions.
The Admissions Representative will work in shifts as stated below:
- 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- 7:00 pm - 3:30 am
- 11:00 am - 7:30 pm
- 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
- (all includes a 30 min break)
Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service and 4+ years’ experience in hospital admissions.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Process admissions
- Collect patient demographics accurately
- Update patient registration and discharge logs
- Verify patient insurance information
- Confirm armband and place on patient
- Collect, analyze and summarize data
- Act as patient advocate and liaison
- Complete mandated admission and financial forms
- Evaluate patients
- Follow the appropriate procedures
- Special assignments as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in hospital environment (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience as an admissions clerk (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with EMR (MUST)
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (MUST)
- Knowledge of HMO/PPO, Managed Care, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Ability to use Workstation on Wheels (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.